Ghost Mode Challenges: Beat the ghosts of players from any past game!
CHALLENGE #1: BEAT YOUR GHOST OR YOUR CLASSMATES' GHOSTS
Think you can beat your previous score, or those of your classmates? Play against your own ghosts in Ghost Mode!
1. Click “Ghost Mode” at the end of the kahoot.
2. Join the game using any nickname you like.
3. Your ghosts will join you in the lobby – see if you can answer more quickly (and correctly!) this time around!
CHALLENGE #2: BEAT THE GHOSTS OF ANOTHER CLASS
Ready to up the ante? Have another class send you their Ghost Mode links – if they dare!
1. Click the Ghost Mode link shared with you.
2. Launch and join the kahoot as usual.
3. The other class’ ghosts will join you in the lobby – can you beat their scores?
CHALLENGE #3: BEAT THE TEACHER’S GHOST
Think you know more than your teachers? Challenge them to play a kahoot, then enjoy the look on their faces when you bump their ghosts out of the Top 5.
1. Ask your teachers to play a kahoot and share the Ghost Mode link.
2. Launch and join the kahoot as usual.
3. Your teachers’ ghosts will join your game – just in time for you to bump them off the scoreboard with quicker correct answers.
Connected Kahoots Challenges: Use screen sharing to play against Kahoot!’ers near and far
CHALLENGE #4: CLASSROOM VS. CLASSROOM
Healthy competition is a great way to motivate learners and build team spirit – why not try challenging another classroom to a tricky kahoot?
1. Gather your students together around a shared screen in the classroom, as usual.
2. Connect to another classroom through a screen sharing application like Appear.in, Skype or Google Hangouts.
3. Launch the game on the shared screen, switching over to the camera to say hello to the other class and to egg on fellow players!
CHALLENGE #5: SCHOOL VS. SCHOOL
Oh, those rival schools! Study up, don your school colours and sync up with another school for the ultimate showdown!
1. Get together in the school hall or auditorium – anywhere with a big screen and good WiFi!
2. Connect to your rival school through any screen sharing application and have the hosts or school principals make introductions.
3. Launch the game on the shared screen, challenging your schoolmates to bring their very best to the game.
CHALLENGE #6: LIVESTREAM A KAHOOT
Go large with a tricky kahoot, broadcasting it to players all over the world. Now that’s loud learning at its finest!
1. Install and launch a broadcasting or live streaming application like XSplit Gamecaster.
2. Click “stream”, and share your broadcast details with fellow Kahoot!’ers on Facebook, Twitter or email. You’ll be able to chat with players by switching to your webcam or using the integrated Twitch chat.
3. Launch the kahoot – everyone following your broadcast should now see the game’s unique PIN number on the live stream and can join from wherever they are in the world.
Create Challenges: Take your learning games to the next level!
CHALLENGE #7: USE A BLIND KAHOOT TO TEACH SOMETHING NEW
Introducing a new topic? Build knowledge brick by brick in a single game.
1. Ask the toughest questions first to fire up students’ inquisitive natures.
2. Take the time to explain the correct answer, using examples, rules or tricks.
3. Ask a series of questions with plenty of opportunities to immediately apply what they’ve just learned.
CHALLENGE #8: HAVE STUDENTS CREATE THEIR OWN KAHOOT
Turn your learners into leaders with a rewarding project – get them to plan, create and host their own kahoots!
1. Encourage learners to break into small groups to research, plan and design a learning game based on content they have already learned.
2. Preview the kahoots to give constructive feedback and help them gain confidence in sharing their knowledge with peers.
3. Play the kahoots in class – encouraging learners to set up, introduce and host their own games.
CHALLENGE #9: CREATE A ‘PUBLIC’ KAHOOT THAT GETS FEATURED
High quality, engaging and well-researched learning games attract thousands of players worldwide through our Featured Kahoots list. Can you create a kahoot worth featuring?
1. Choose a topic you know people are likely to be actively searching for, and research it well.
2. Plan and create the kahoot so it stands alone – so that it’s engaging, impactful and doesn’t rely on one particular host.
3. Make sure your kahoot stands out and is easy to discover - try adding a good description, hashtags, a clever title and a high quality cover image.
Which #challenge will you try first?
We'll be adding more challenges to this page, and we can’t wait to see which Kahoot! challenge you try first! Share your experiences with @GetKahoot on social media, and tag them #challenges – we’ll share our favorites!